The Health Sciences and Training Programme is strategically positioned to plan, produce and manage the education, training and development needs of the department. It is designed to complywith relevant legislative and policy imperatives at national, provincial and local level and to respond to service transformation imperatives. Priorities include support for the Service Transformation Plan, Re-engineering of PHC, expansion of the HIV, AIDS, STI and TB programmes and the development of NHI.
List of sub-programmes
- Professional Development.
- Leadership Management and Skills Development.
- Employee Health and Wellness Programme.
- Improve achievement of national norms for supply of health professionals.
- Improve compliance with legislative framework