Brief Profile of the hospital
- The hospital was opened in 1976.
- The hospital has 230 approved beds
- The Hospital was named after Mr Sybrand Van Niekerk as he was the Administrator of Transvaal Province.
- The hospital is located in Merafong City Municipality in the West Rand District Municipality.
- The hospital was changed to Carletonville Hospital Level 1 in 1996
- The hospital is referral centre for 12 clinics (Primary Health Care Centres) and two satellite clinics.
- Where specialist care is required patients are either transferred or referred to Leratong Hospital, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Helen Joseph Hospital, Sizwe Hospital as well as Sterkfontein Hospital, St Johns Eye Hospital and Charlotte Maxeke Hospital.
- Areas serviced by the hospital are Carletonville town, Khutsong, Wedela, Blyvoor, Fochville, Kokosi, Welverdient, Blybank, Greenspark, Mogaleshoek and the surrounding mines and farms.
- Total staff establishment comprises of 483 posts.
- The hospital is the training site for one private nursing college ( Mfunzo Denzhe Nursing College) and two public colleges.
- Catchment population: 211960
- Choice of termination of pregnancy
- TB Management Services
- Step Down
- HIV Voluntary Counselling and Testing
- Comprehensive Collaborative Management and Treatment of HIV/CCMT
- Male Medication Circumcision (Offered by Right to Care)
- Female and Male Medical Wards
- Female and Male Surgical
- Trauma and Emergency Services
- Medical and Surgical Paediatrics
- Maternal Health Child Care Services
- Mental Health Care Services (72 hours service)
- Operating Theatre Services. Mainly for Obstetric, Gynaecologist and Minor Surgical Operations
- Clinical forensic services (Management of sexual assault and domestic violence)
- Dental Services (Managed by sub-district but performed at the hospital)
- Chronic disease and minor ailments management
- Linen Services, Transport, Cleaning, Catering, Stores, X-Ray, Pharmacy, Security, Portering, Workshop Department (Run by Department of Infrastructural Development/DID )
Carltonville Hospital Executives
|CEO||Clinical Manager||Nursing Manager |
Address: Corner Falcon and Annan Road
Address: Carletonville hospital
Private Bag X 2023
018 788 1700